Governor's Budget Message:
|Slide from Governor Snyder's Budget Presentation.|
In the health arena the Governor wanted to focus new money on the following:
- An investment of $71.7 million for the Healthy Michigan Plan to implement expanded Medicaid coverage.
- $15.7 million in gross funding to expand the Healthy Kids Dental program into Kalamazoo and Macomb counties, providing an additional 100,000 children with good dental care.
- A total of $15.6 million to support the initiatives as recommended in the Mental Health Commission final report that was issued Jan. 2.
|Slide from Director Haveman's Presentation.|
- Overall Budget: $17.4 Billion Gross / $2.9 Billion General Fund (GF)
- Mental Health and Wellness Commission - $15.6 Million Gross
- Jail Diversion Initiatives - $3.4 Million (DCH Investment)
- Child and Adolescent Health Services Pilot - $2 Million Gross/GF
- Home visitation in rural areas - $2.5 Million Gross/GF
- Crime Victim Grants - $1 Million Gross (From Crime Victim Fees)
- Make Michigan a “no wait state” for senior home delivered meals and in home services - $5 Million Gross/GF
- Increase Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) site options - $16.4 Million Gross / $5.7 Million GF
- Make Michigan a “no wait state” for the MiChoice Home and Community Based Waiver Program - $26.4 Million Gross / $9 Million GF
- Prevent Elder Abuse - $1 Million Gross/GF
- 2013 and 2014 Primary care rate increases to physicians - $75.5 Million gross / $26 Million GF investment continues one half of the rate increase
- Healthy Kids Dental expansion - $15.7 Million Gross / $5.4 Million GF